what's the worst xmas gift your dh/so has given you?

another post prompted this query..why do men suck at buying gifts? i mean, my man will admit to other women that he is awful! he actually told his pharmacy-tech and clerks (all women) that last year he 'bought' me hotel soaps/shampoos for stocking stuffers, and a paperback tour-guide book of OKCity for my present. (yeah, i'm from OKC..unless a new store is opening TODAY, i know all about OKC.)
the year before, he went to tjmaxx and bought a handful of condiments/teas/biscotti-basically, a gift basket (without the basket) of goodies you might give to your secretary or a B&B guest upon their arrival.
i'm going shopping today!! LOL

thehairnazi

Asked by thehairnazi at 9:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thankfully, he didn't actually give it to me, but he was considering buying me sessions with a personal trainer because his sister told him that I needed to lose weight.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• He's always been deployed for christmas it seems, but one he got me this horrible little tea set... It was kinda cute but I'm not a 6 year old. At the time he was deployed and his options were limited but still. It was horrible. He knows it too. For our anniversary, he bought me a vacuum, we needed one anyway and I just bought one, when I came home he said happy anniversary, I could have killed him.

lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Ay, the vacuum. It's the worst ever!
    meganpmom

Answer by meganpmom at 10:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My ex-husband bought me a fishing pole, and I hate fishing. I tried to suck it up and be nice about it. I even went fishing with him once, and guess what? He didn't let me use my fancy new fishing pole!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My first thought was the electric blanket he gave me a few yrs back...but I used it a lot. I think the worst was this glass cylinder with the risen Christ etched into it. You know those glass things that are popular at the mall. It came with a LED multi-colored base that lights it up and spins it in circles. The glass is really pretty, but the whole thing together is a bit white trash for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2009