facebook question

i would ask on FB, but i can't remain anonymous there, and i think the person in question is stalking me a bit.
my question- how or who would be emailing a status update to someone? i ONCE mentioned a person- not by name- in one of my status updates, and somehow this person got it emailed to her. i have never mentioned her full name to anyone, i've never given out her email, my profile is completely private to anyone other than my friends, her profile is private and we have no mutual friends- not even each other. so how in the world did she get that email?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• friend, of a friend... FB in NOT private. period... if i have a friend that knows some one, even if they are not on MY list, they can share it. also, the apps get hacked A LOT... never assume that your privacy settings are adequate security.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OP here- so friends of friends can see my stuff even if i have tried to set everything i have to friends only?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• your friends can see anything you say, when you email someone...thats not private at all, you can email anyone on facebook, friend or not. so im assuming one of your friends emailed her since he/she saw it.

but are you talking about emailing through facebook email or some other email? cause facebook email isnt private at all just like cafemom emails...its the only way to thank pple if they set thier pages to private cause thats the only thing thats not private.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• op here- the email she received was not through FB, but yahoo. i'm assuming someone somehow copied what i wrote and sent it to her by regular email. the only thing is, this woman and i have NO common friends at all, NONE of my friends even know her name, so they wouldn't have her email. that's what freaks me out- that she was still able to find out that i mentioned her this one time, but i have no idea how!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009