how to keep your sanity during bed rest?

i am about two months along and am on bed rest. i can get up a move around but for limited periods at a time. i went from working full time ...going to college on my days off....running around with my 5 and 2 year old...to doing almost nothing...it is driving me crazy...i tried to clean the house yesterday i lasted just over an hour then i started cramping and when i went to go potty i saw i was starting to spot again so i got back on the couch for the rest of the evening getting up only to tend to the kids. I feel like ima lose my mind..any suggestions? did you ever get put on bed rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your difficulties mommy. I've not been in your position but I'm sure it's so so hard. Best Wishes for comfort and safety to you and your family. I do have three kids myself and know how hard to is to nurture myself. But sometimes we just need to nurture ourselves. Maybe have a baby stroller near you to lean on to easy your pain? I found that helpful when an infected ovary was removed. Maybe too put items of goodies of different kinds in the stroller near you to help you not have to get up so much. Perhaps if you attend a church some church women could help you out? Take Care.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• When I was on bed rest with my daughter, I used to lay in bed with word puzzles, suduko, magazines, read a good book, start writing in your babies baby book, play with my son's Nintendo DS, paint my nails, pluck my eyebrows, play online (of course), EAT, call friends you haven't spoke to in awhile, make a craft for your babies room, Hmmmmm what else. Good luck and remember, take it easy!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• knit and listen to audio books from the library :) good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2009