If I was to cook a pot roast what would be better to bake in a bag in the oven or put it in a crock pot and let it simmer allday in water with spices?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i've never used the bag, but i think anything tastes better coming out of a crock pot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Crock pot all the way. It always makes the meat nice and tender. It is so easy and nice to come home and dinner is ready.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 9:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Crock pot! THis is really good too: Add the raost, add one packet of dry ranch dressing mix, on packet of brown gravy mix a cup of water and some onions...Yum! I mix the dressing, gravy and water together and pour over the roast.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Crockpot but don't use water. I use a packet of dry ranch, a packet of dry Italian dressing and a can of diced tomatoes, cover and let cook for 8 hours on the low setting. The roast is always tender and moist. If I add veggies I add sliced carrots, sliced celery, red potatoes cut in to 1/2's and a red onions cut in to chunks, add the dry Italian & dry Ranch, a can of diced tomatoes & a can of beef broth. No water.
    Anonymous

• Eww, ranch, really?

I always place the roast in, sprinkle on one pkg of Lipton Onion Soup mix, add carrots, onion chunks, celery slices, and 1/4'd idaho potatoes, a 1/2water / 1/2 beef broth mixture half way up the roast, then sprinkle another pkg of the onion soup mix on top of it all and cook on low for 4-5 hours, turn to med-high, and cook for 2 hrs, then leave it on low or warm. The veggies taste soooo good, my picky little sisters even eat them!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yes Ranch, Seriously delicious! After cooking with the brown gravy mix and the roast juice - unbelievably good! Even my husband the Chef who doesn' t like anything I cook thought it was great!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009