What are you souppose to wear to a wedding?

My SIL is getting married next weekend. Am I souppose to wear a dress? Do you think a swearer dress with boots or something would be fine? Also what should my DS wear he is 7 months old???
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Business dress is always safe for a wedding. Something smart that you could wear to a meeting or interview.

There are really cute little suits for babies. The clip on bow tie is a sure winner. Suspenders!! Target has a tweed set of pants with suspenders and a bow tie right now.

As you can see, I am itching to shop for baby clothes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• it depends on the tone of the wedding. The last one I went to in August, was my son's. It was very formal, so everyone was dressed to the T. When I get married my 2nd time.....it'll be jeans or shorts. So ask people in the wedding what type of affair it'll be.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• You should dress the same as you would for church. A sweater dress is fine as long as it isn't too casual or too revealing. Your 7 month old can wear anything you like. I think he is too young for a suit or shirt and tie. Pick something plain. Avoid cartoon characters. You could go for corduroy pull on pants and a plain polo shirt for him. I assume you will be in some of the pictures.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• ask...she may want you to be more formal..maybe more casual..they may not care. They may want everyone to wear certain colors...i would ask. Just dont wear white.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The dress is probably fine, but don't wear boots. Do you have heels/pumps? With sheer hose, not tights. The baby can wear little khaki's and a button down shirt. I wouldn't get him something he will never wear again, but if you usually dress up for the holidays, he can wear that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2009