What would you do if

You are stressed all the time-How do I stop worring.

I have a home, food, my kids have more then enough but:
The schools stink, My older daughter is being harrassed-I went to the cops already.
(Hopefully that will stop)
I am hunting for a new home, this year their teachers are wonderful-and I love my job, but I can't afford a good neighborhood in the area of my job.
My neighbors stink (NOT ALL MY NIEGHBORS JUST THE ONE DOWNSTAIRS)
I FEEL AS IF WHEN I SPEAK NO ONE IS LISTENING.
I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT WITHOUT A SLEEPING PILL.
I CAN'T GET ORGANIZED, MY KIDS SEEM LIKE THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

HOW CAN I GET MY LIFE BACK TO HAPPINESS......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• First off your kids are probably reacting to your stress and negative energy. Find a way to calm down (soft music, bubble bath, reading, whatever you enjoy once the kids are in bed or gone to school...whenever you find time). Next, print up what you just wrote and use it as a To Do list. Jot down some potential ideas to solve the problem. If you can do it immediately then do it and check it off. If not, plan and work toward that goal but focus on one at a time. Set aside the long term ones and go back to them as you work toward that goal. Don't let them overwhelm you. I'm not into meds. You can find relaxation tapes or those little waterfall features for the house pretty cheap. My solution to almost everything is to laugh. It's the best stress reducer for me. Find the humor in things and draw from that positive energy.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sounds like you're being over-run by anxiety. Go to a doctor and get some mild anti-anxiety meds.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I agree, Lexapro is my FRIEND! I had the same kind of overwhelming anxiety issues..and I am a different (better, happier) person now!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Medications can work wonders. If I were you, I would see someone for talk therapy. If you aren't feeling heard, are having trouble getting organized, can't sleep without aids, have real life stressors & a lower than normal tollerance for those stressors, those are ALL things that can be helped by talk therapy. You may still need some medication but, you might get by with lower doses & you will have deveopled skills that will help you throughout your life.

Good Luck :)
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I used to be one of those "anti med" people. But then I sat and thought....."what am I trying to prove, and who am I helping by being this way?". Once I got xanax....very low dose.....I realized that all meds aren't bad, and everyone around me is much happier for it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2009