Can you put too much weight on a pregnant belly?

I babysit a 6 month old that weighs 20 pounds. The only way to get him to nap is to lay him on my chest and belly and sing to him. Just wondering what if any is too much weight on my stomache.

atank0429

Asked by atank0429 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a 28 lb 20 month old son and a 27 lb 3 year old daughter that both sit, climb, and so much more on my 9 month pregnant belly. Having a small child on your belly won't hurt anything. Kicks, hits, pushes, and punches are what you would have to worry about.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my 16lb dog sleeps on my belly..lol.. just cradle the baby to the side of ur belly just don't have him stright on it! so that way his head is still on ur chest :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My kids (2 and 5) treat me like a jungle gym and I dont think twice about it! I wouldnt think anything of holding a 20 pound baby! How far along are you? You might want to break the habit of a baby that cant go to sleep without being held if you have another baby coming!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I am 20 weeks along. This will be my first child. I just babysit for the little one.
    atank0429

Answer by atank0429 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2009