How long after losing your plug did you have your baby?

Just curious! How long after losing your mucus plug did you have your baby?

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 10:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it was within 12 hours, but I didn't lose it until I'd been having fairly strong contractions for over a day. I had actually gone to the hospital the day before and was in very early labor...just not far enough into it to stay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• For me it was 3 weeks.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Losing your plug doesn't mean anything at all...it can even reform. My sister lost her plug and 4 weeks later (2 weeks past her due date) she still wasn't even dialated and had to be induced. Then it's also totally possible to lose your plug and be in labor within hours.

My water broke and I went into labor at 37.5 weeks and had never lost my plug.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well, for me I shed it. I just didn't loose it all at once, my water broke a couple weeks after.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 11:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I lost my plug at 36 weeks with baby #1 and was induced (for medical reasons) at 37 weeks.
    I lost my plug at 31 weeks with baby #2 and was induced at 38 1/2 weeks
    I lost my plug between 22 and 26 weeks with this baby then it stopped and started up again at 29 weeks. I am 33 1/2 weeks now
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• About an hour. I was in very active labor at the time.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• well it's 50 50 not everyone goes into labor i didnt even lose my plug and my water broke so i wouldnt rely on that to tell you if your going into labor or not
    Anonymous

• I lost mine with my last son and was in full on labor 12 hours later. I lost mine with this pregnancy 4 days ago-and nothing so far except I got checked and found out my cervix is thinning. Some are pre-labor for a long time and some people just get hit with it-BAM. It is frustrating to think it could be hours or weeks because as women, we want to be prepared. Unfortunately, as my mom says "Mother Nature is a mysterious thing"
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• thanks for sharing ladies =) and anon 12:17, i didnt ask annnything about the plug showing i was going into labor or anything. I was just asking a general question that i was curious about.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 4:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2009