What does your dh do around the house????

Okay,I have tried it all over the years. I am exhaused in both body and spirit. I am a sahm,I have a dh w/add and two kids w/adhd. My dh does nothing but make messes around the house. He comes home from work and expects me to do absoultely everything else and all over the time. My kids are 9 and 5 and do nothing but make messes.
I am curious how typical it is for a Dh to nothing at all around the house??? I have pushed and pushed for years to get him to simply take out trash and even that is almost always my job~if I ask for help,I get attitude and he ruins the whole day over it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• my hubby takes the trash out, cooks sometimes, vacuumes, windexes the tv's off, and yup thats about it, besides helps with the kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• it's pretty typical for them to do nothing. If that's how he's always been, don't stress about it, he probably won't change. The way I look at it, is if I have the time to do it, then I do it. If not, then after he's been home from work for a few minutes, I ask him to do it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:40 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my SO takes out the garbage and thats about it, unless theres something that i cant do. he does any carrying of heavy things and stuff like that. but since i dont work & he does, i do the house work. it would be different if we both worked.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• hmmm...he does the dishes once in a blue moon. He likes to cook and will clean the house if it gets really bad and I beg him to do it. I have to stay on top of him but he will do some things if I make a fuss about it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• He will take out the trash and do the laundry. He basically will do anything I ask, he doesnt mind helping. I try not to ask him to do much because he works really hard to support his family and I feel when he's at home he needs to unwind.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My husband does the cat pans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• plays xbox, plays World of Warcraft, watches football, eats, sleeps. As far as jobs? occasionally he will help with vacuming the stairs or something-especially if we are having company-but otherwise it's pretty much up to me and the kids
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If they've all been diagnosed, why aren't they all medicated?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• He doesn't do anything and it is just fine with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OP~EireLass,Did I say that they were NOT medicated???
    Huh,I did not think I addressed that topic.Thats a whole nother ball o'wacks~Lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2009