Does your husband allow you to turn the heater on?

Me and my 2.5 year old are freezing and DH refuses to let the central heat on unless it reaches below 40 in the house. He is an ass about this subject. He will let me run one small electric heater in the living room but it's just not enough.

We wear our coats and hoodies in the house but even that is not enough. Anyone else have this problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, yes sort of. we have the old fashioned gas heaters in our house. I've been sleeping in the lving room on the couch to have the heater and I turn it on whether he likes it or not. He can go in cold room if wants to be cold and my kids have their own heater in their room. A mans logic is that we can keep bundling up if we're cold and they can't take stuff off if they're hot. They are just really hot natured. He needs to let you put the heater on though. I was getting sick from the cold air at night in our room and that's why I had to move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• what's wrong with him! is he worried about money or something? You could freeze to death in there
    Anonymous

• NO
    That is not healthy. Turn it on. A small bill is better than hundereds in medical bills because you all got pneumonia

Anonymous

• Nope, I would tell him to stuff it! That is NOT healthy for your or your child.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• No I keep our house at about 65 and people act like that is cold but i cant imagine 40!!! it would b hard to get anything done if you al have to huddle in the room with the heater.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Wow...I'm sorry for your kids since your staying with this guy..
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• A mans logic is that we can keep bundling up if we're cold

HOw is that a mans logic?
    I have never known a man to freeze his family out
    maybe a boy slogic but not a MAN
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Your husband doesn't ALLOW you? He will LET you? Are you kidding me? You are an adult. It is your house too. You are not his child who needs permission. If you are cold, turn the heat on. If he has a problem with it, tell him to screw himself.
    Anonymous

• WHAT that sounds like a strange form of abuse or something....let him read this post here and see if he cant get the picture....sounds like an ASS to me.

40!! REALLY? I can understand trying to regulate it TOGETHER (you and him) for budgeting reasons...but 40!

Maybe more like 60 or 62....even that is pushing it for me.

I am sorry you have to deal with this.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon poster let him read this post.

You sound like you need to really stand up to him, if you feel like you cant then maybe this is not a healthy relationship for you or your child. 40 is an unrealistic expectation.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2009