• In the Spotlight:

Why are theater/Broadway men gay but Hollywood men straight? The gay doesnt' turn off with fame so who's playing straight? Would it ruin it for you if your guy crush was gay?

Do you know how many gay men are in theater and on Broadway? So how is that all these Hollywood actors, musicians and artists are straight? They just get famous and the gay goes away? How many of them just can't come out because it would "ruin" the way we view them? WOULD it ruin it for you knowing he wasn't singing ab...out a woman or he didn't really like the woman in the movie? Would their careers be ruined?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Entertainment

• The Hollywood guys are gay too. MANY of them, even the ones who have "girl friends" and "wives". They are accepted in show biz more easily than in the other areas ...business, military,etc.
    Anonymous

• George Micheles is gay. I still think he is HOT!

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• waaay more of those hollywood men are gay then we are allowed to believe. Yes, it would damage their appeal and chances to get roles so they keep it under wraps. Sorry to say but I have a friend that slept with tom cruise and he's a HE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I think alot of Hollywood actors are told what to do/say about their sexual preference by their agents/managers. As much as it doesn't bother me one way or another I know their are plenty of people in America that would boycott a movie/show if the actor was openly gay. I think this is the same reason more pro sport players do not admit to being gay. Look at all the gay marriage ammendments that are voted down in our country. I think it is sad that someone cannot openly live their life how they choose without repercussions.
    Anonymous

• Maybe gay men flock to Broadway because gay men like to sing and dance. There really are not tons of movies that come out of Hollywood about singing and dancing. Some yes, but really not that many. And there have always been gay actors in Hollywood but their managers hid it for them, set them up with beautiful women to go to premiers with, be seen with and all that. I can name three right now who had that done with them and were miserable. It might not be right but that is the way it is for now. People are fickle, they don't like to feel like they've been played by anyone. The actors and athletes who are gay have built this huge reputation on being such a big man, action star, manly football, basketball player, whatever. If they come out, it feels like a betrayal to some. Personally, I don't care either way. It all comes out eventually. Some are only fooling themselves. Tom Cruise falls into that category.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who is an actor living in LA, and he swears up and down that it is common knowledge among the acting community that Tom Cruise is gay. I don't really care either way, because he's still hot. Crazy, but hot.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• A lot (not all) of the Scientologist actors are gay. It's a service provided by the "church." They help coordinate their publicity and arrange matchmaking so they can keep up the front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Alan Cumming is bi, and no less hot because of it.
    Ewan McGregor has no compunctions about kissing men, and is just as sexy to me if not moreso.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I used to have a crush on George Michael and then I found out for a fact that he's gay and it has changed my views about him. I don't have a crush on him anymore. Sorry if I offended anyone but it's just the way I feel.
    youngpoet1972

Answer by youngpoet1972 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010