What helped you dilate????

Anything?? Sex?? Walking?? I need to start dilating.....So what helped you ladies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did alot of walking especially up and down our apartment stairs. And when I went to the store I parked farther away from the door.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Pressure from the baby and hormones. Dilation really means nothing, honestly. You can get all the way to 5cm before labor begins, or you can start labor completely closed and thick.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Walking. Even doctors will tell you to walk. But don't take "walking" as a light term, I TRULY believe its because pregnant women walk leisurely that walking does not help them. You need walk at an almost jog pace and don't break, you need 45 minutes, a bottle of water and a good partner who won't let you stop for a break. Some people might tell you thats bad for you or the baby - that you should not wear yourself out, but it woooooorks and me and my babies are a-ok. I did this and my son came the next day. GL
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• just wait and your body will do it without any conscious effort on your part. you might not dilate until 42 weeks, and then have your baby =) gl!
    Anonymous

• I went walking around the lumber department of Home Depot with hubby. I loved the smell, and the walking helped a lot.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• SandraB383, while walking might help aid in dilation, it is not always the best course of action, especially how you describe it. I had a friend who was just in labor for 70+ hours. The first 2 days of her labor, everyone was making her walk, when all she wanted to do was sleep. Now, I personally think that sleep would have been a better option for her.
    OP, I agree with asaffel... dilation means nothing. I started labor with my first dilated to 1 and maybe 50% effaced. I labored without dilating for a good 6 hours, then I did all my dilating in the last 6 hours.
    Anonymous

• Well, clearly it works for some people and others it doesn't. I had my son in 5 hours time =\ You really have no idea if its the walking that made her have trouble or just her body.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009