How can I make my son stay in his bed?

My two year old has all of a sudden decided to not stay in his bed, I tried letting him cry it off and nothing. I have to sit next to him so he could go to sleep them at midnight he appears in my bed.

nini1216

Asked by nini1216 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct tape. Just joking.

Answer by louise2 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It may take a couple days or a week but when he comes to ur bed in the middle of the nite just take him straight back to his bed and tell him its nite time he has to sleep in his own bed like a big boy. He may cry for a little bit he will get the hint soon. Just give it time.
    Anonymous

• Is he having nightmares? If he is, I have two pieces of advice...one...turn off the TV. Two year olds cannot comprehend what they see on the TV and it scares them. Two, when he comes to your bed, take him by the hand and put him in his own bed, then tell him you love him, but he must stay in his own bed like a Big Boy. Kiss him and hug him while he is in his bed, then tell him you will see him in the morning. It also might help if you have a bedtime routine. At 7, you bathe him, at 7:30 you read a book together. At 8 you put him in his bed, say prayers, hug, cuddle, then lights out. Many times, a routine will help them feel secure enough to keep them in their beds at night.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 2:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2009