what do you get someone for graduating bootcamp?

my brother is leaving for bootcamp..i just wonder what to get him after he graduates..should i get him something sentimental..if so what? Or give him money...and also should i try to have a dinner or something with him before he goes to bootcamp or should i not make a big deal of it. Can they recieve mail while they are at bootcamp?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They can receive mail. You should eat with him before he goes. Believe me he will miss the food. When my husband graduated basic I got him coins. I got him the Infantry coin, Fort Benning coin. Before he went to boot camp he passed a pt test that promoted him to E2 then while in boot camp he showed exceptional leadership skill and his drill sarg gave him a coin and also got him a promotion to E3. So I got him the E3 coin. I think the coins are a good idea,
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Get him a camel pack.

Answer by louise2 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• the infantry coin...they make it for each one or something? Could you get it online?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• No it just has the infantry rifles on the front and I cant remember whats on the back. I found it in the PX and commissary when we went down for family weekend. However Im sure you can find it on Military.com. They make tons of coins for everything. Every rank, every base,special occasions lots of them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Food.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• so i should be able to find these things when i go for his graduation...they will have a gift shop or something?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yes, food. When my husband went to bootcamp, I got letters just outlining EVERY place he wanted to eat when he got home. Full letters. Haha. Ask him what he wants when he graduates, you might be surprised - my husband really missed ice in his drinks.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yea I assume that since your interested in the Infantry coin that he is in Fort Benning... There is the Infantry museum that has a gift shop in it that sells them. Really nice ones to like ones that have gold and stuff on it. When you go to the PX there is like 4 stores that sale them. GO to the store that has all the uniforms in it and they have like 3 stands full of coins those wont be made of gold and they are anywhere from a couple of bucks to like 15.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009