What I saw writen on my kindergartners chalkboard in his class room. Would you be upset??

the teacher write down all the Dec. events for the class list all holidays and kids birthdays.

well, under Christmas she has ( Jesus Birthday ) I was like wow I was surprised a teacher would write that. I was not offended as I am a Christian I was surprised because it seems so taboo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• GOOD FOR HER....Christmas is celebrated as Jesus birthday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well it's a fact. As long as she's not pushing the holiday on all kids but more informing them. I agree, it's pretty bold.
    Anonymous

• well...it is jesus's bday..i'm not religious but i wouldnt be offended. I think everyone knows that its his bday. I would maybe be upset if they were forcing kids to pray or something but its history..people should just deal with it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I agree. It is what it is and unfortunate that its bold. She should be able to say what all the holidays are whether they are Christian or not.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Im not a christian however I would not be upset. I understand that alot of people believe in Christ, and after all that is what Christmas is about. I believe that other people should be tolerate of all religion so I would hope that she would have written down Hanukkah and other religions holidays. If she did not then I expect it wont be to long before someone has a cow and calls the hearing board about her.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• thats refreshing to hear! it seems like all our traditions and beliefs are being compromised because of all the other traditions and beliefs of other cultures. I am not saying the other traditions and beliefs are wrong, just saying I wish my son could go to school and learn our pledge of allegance and such without offending everone else.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• A public school is not the place for this, that is why many schools have winter break not Christmas vacation (they just word it different). If she put up the muslim holidays I can guarantee Christans would be in an uproar. You cannot have it both ways people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I don't see the big deal. It's just a fact. No one is trying to push the chidlren and their families to change religions. They don't have to celebrate if the parents have a problem. There are all kinds of options schools have for that.
    Anonymous

• Good for her, and good for the kids. They have a teacher willing to work outside the box.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i like that in my sons school instead of prayer..they sing a song...they sing "we are thankful, we are thankful, for our food, for our food" its so cute...they will always find away around it if you like it or not.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2009