Do you take your toddler to public restrooms?...

and how do you put them to sit on the public toilet?( public toilets are big and dirty)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just started my 3YO on using a public restroom, I used pull-ups as long as we could. Just make sure you use the covers that are in the restroom, i always make sure to cover the seat all the way that way when she puts her hands down to steady herself she puts them on the cover. and i lift her up and sit her down so she doesnt have to climb up like she does at home.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 12:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I put toilet paper all over the seat. But I have a boy so I just hold him up.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i clean the sit with a wpe before i sit her. if she really has to go i just sit her or i sometimes carry one of the travel potty seats
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Right now my boy is my only toddler. My daughter has a while to go before using the toilet. When and if we had to use the public restroom, I'd just stand him on my feet so he could pee in the toilet.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• when my kids were little I purchase a great product. It folded up small enough to put in my purse. It was plastic, fit over the seat, and made the hole smaller.

Hold on.... let me see if I can find it on line..

Here, this is similar to what I had - http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Cushie-Traveler.html
    Anonymous

• oh... here is another one

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/46026.html
    Anonymous

• i try to avoid using them... BUT w/ small kids you can't do that all the time. i use the covers and make my 3 yr old hold my pants instead of touching the toliet seat.
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Kids have to learn how to use a public toilet. Parents who shield them from such a simple life activity are creating germaphobes. Teach them how to cover it and clean their hands and that should be good enough. I mean, what happens when they are with a sitter or family member and have to potty?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I hoist them up and plant them on the potty. I used to use that little folding seat Anon mentioned earlier, but got tired of lugging it around. If the potty is wet, I dry it first, but we're not a seat-protector using type of crowd here. 1 tiny thin sheet of paper isn't protecting me from anything.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I just plop them right on there. My kids never used a potty seat, so they are used to the big potty. As for germs, well, what are you going to do? They are a part of life. I give them a bath at night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2009