what are you getting your mom for Christmas?

my mom is 36 what should i get her? she is a new grandma

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• wow she is a young grandma! Maybe you could get her something that says Grandma..a picture frame, embroidered shirt or apron.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my take on gift giving to adults is why??? christmas is for kids not adults if u want to give her something give her ur time and love.every year people max out there credit cards,not on children but friends and family,save ur money give her u,im a mother of three id never expect my children to wast there money on me,homemade is the best,and spending time with them is the best gift of all.i think all adults should look at the bigger picture.
    Anonymous

• from here on out it will be much easier to gift for her. grandmas love things from the grandbabies! even if it is just a framed picture of your baby looking adorable she'll love it. you could get her something like that and maybe throw in something personal that she likes, like a knitted sweater or new comfy socks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It depends on the woman. Not all grandmas are the same, just like us mommies arent. My mom would love anything involving cosmetics and beauty supplies. She would cringe at comfy socks (though I would love them, lol). What does she like? How does she spend her free time? What she spends time on is what she loves. They do love anything from the grandkids too. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Take her out for a nice lunch. One on one time with just you and her. Put it in a card with words saying that.  Include dessert like whole pie to take home.  lol

Anonymous

• she doesnt have free time she is very busy taking care of my handicapped 18 yr old brother and my 11 yr old sister
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm an only child to my mom and just had my first baby this year. I got my mom a digital picture frame and then I'm going to buy two SD cards to go in it. I will send it to her with one card full of pics of my daughter and then in a few months I will send the other card with new pics and she can send the first one back for me to fill up a few months from then and we'll just continue like that. I'm getting my stepmom a photo book with pictures of my daughter from Shutterfly. Other than the portraits I've sent to them, they don't have any hard copies of pics of her. She's also the first grandkid for my dad and stepmom.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I personally do not generic gifts, think about what she truly enjoys doing and find something to go with that. Does she read magazines-get a subscription to her favorite. Read books - gift card to book store. Enjoy cooking or baking - new cookbook or new kitchen gadget. Sports - ticket to a game or equipment to go along with sport. gardening - gift card to garden center or book on gardening for her region. Does she get mani/pedi/massages (or does she need this) - gift certificate to have this.
    Anonymous

• Wow your mom is only 3 yrs older than me lol. Anyhoo,I'm getting my mom a bottle of perfume.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• aww my mom is 36 too! and she is also a young grandma obviously haha well she loves plants and just started buying alot of them so im gonna get her 2 plants and those bulb things that you stick in the plants and they water em..i dont know what theyre called haha
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009