how have your animals affected your life - saved your life, enriched it?

Jut a little bit ago one of our dogs - a mastiff - came into my kitchen and shook his head - A rocket of slobber FLEW across my counter and over my sink and landed WHO knows Where!!!!!!! We've had different animals alert us to our kids' safety when our kids were little, and two dogs protected me personally in different ways too. Years ago another dog, my best friend told me then, she always knew if I was home or not - if I was home my dog would bark and growl at the doorbell sound but if I wasn't home he'd just lay whereever SNORING away!!!!!!!

No matter in or outside that your animals sleep and stay, how have your animals affected your life in a good way?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have gone through so many dogs in my life, none of which i had really couldnt get a good loving feeling toward but i got this dog (terrier mixed) from a person cheap. i thought and everyone else thought we will get sick of potty training him and give him to hubby's mom out on a farm. i gotta say, i went through hell and back potty training that dog, going through mops and bleaching my floors alot!!! i dont know what it is that i couldnt let go of him.

he has survived 2 accidents and almost died both ways. Ever since then, i became more accepting of animals cause i realized they do adapted to others if given away to them but when they know who's thier owners there's a sad look in thier eyes like your disowning a child. IMO
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• When I was around 10, we had two parakeets names George and Henrietta that we kids loved very much. One morning, we found them both lying dead in their cage. Here, there was a gas leak or carbon monoxide leak (can't remember which) in our home and their deaths basically saved our lives. We had a nice funeral and burial for them and I've never forgotten them.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i suffer from anxiety and depression really bad. and i tell you if it wasnt for my dogs.when nobody was there for me it was at first my golden so he went to rainbow bridge...he was goofy and loveble....now i have my shepherd..watches me like hawk.when my husband falls asleep on the couch sometimes that dog is in my bed watching me and my daughter.that dog loves me unconditionally.he is not so goofy but very serious.always on alert.but always there to give me love.when i feel like everyone hates me that dog is there with a 6th sense ...smart dog...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yeah cleo1977 I agree!!!! They're our best friends absolute best friends and children too. One of my dogs, when I had a workman in my house - the workman was in my kitchen with me and we were looking closely at a kitchen cabinet. Then I had three dogs and the one who was the most quiet ever before in my house suddenly let loose with a very low long deep growl. It was an familiar sound to me and I commented What's THAT? The workman said "it's HIM" well I looked over that that dog of mine was under my table alert and growling long and low.... my hair on my arms stood up cause he never did that kind of alert before and he was 11 year old. We had him since he was a year old!!!!! So I listened to my protector dog and backed away from the guy 'suddenly' remembering that my husband was coming home very soon and wanted the work done ahead of time. The guy left and never came back. Was glad to see the guy go!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I married my second hubby because of my dog. He was a rescue and never took to my ex. When I started dating, he was very wary and took a long time to warm up...if at all. The first time my hubby came to pick me up at my house, the dog gave a "happy yip" right off the bat. I knew it was safe to marry him....thank you Louie the Wonder Dog!!!!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009