Are you a "hoverer" when using a public bathroom?

If you are, and you miss, do you clean up after yourself?

acollins09

Asked by acollins09 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sit my bare ass right on the toilet because I'm usually in too much of a hurry to bother with the sanitary papers or the pee sprinkles that need to be cleaned up if I hover. I figure, I can scrub my booty when I get home.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm with IhartU. Also, there is very little that 'lives' on a toilet seat. I'm more concerned with what's on the floor if I fall over when hovering.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I don't hover, but I do look before I sit down to make sure there are no nasties on the seat, plus if there are no disposable toilet seat covers, I make one of my own with TP. I don't touch the handle either, I use my foot. I guess that sounds kind of OCD, but you don't know who's been in before you.
    jlassiter29

Answer by jlassiter29 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I have this argument with my sister all the time - she hovers, I don't. I tell her if people didn't hover like she does there would be no pee on the seat and no need to hover! LOL
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I just sit on the toilet. I've never heard of anyone getting a disease from sitting on a toilet so I'm pretty sure odds are good that my butt is going to be okay. I can't stand the people that leave pee on the seat, though. If you insist upon hovering, clean up after yourself, for crying out loud!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I sit on the toilet too. I guess it's no different than when we are finished and grab the faucets to wash our hands, then grab the towels and the door. Except our butt cheeks are what touches the toilet seat and we use our hands for everything. If I see something visible, I wipe it first before I sit. Or I won't use that toilet if there are droplets.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It is the hoverers who make the restrooms so nasty. I have never known anyone to pee on the seat or floor when they were actually sitting on the seat. If your going to hover at least hit the toilet bowl.
    Anonymous

• I agree with 1 & 2
    beckygeiger

Answer by beckygeiger at 1:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I wipe the seat and spray it with lysol wipe again and go pee. Sorry mom. I sit down.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If it looks wet, I'll wipe it first, otherwise, I just plop right down. If I sit on wet, I'll dry myself off and go on with my day.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2009