gift giving????

i want to know what u think about giving gifts to adults at christmas.ive always believed its for the kids.everyone complaines about being broke or going broke at christmas time,so why do we give gifts to our parents and sibilings? all they truely want is time with there family..and if they demand gifts well thats just disgusting! my family does secret santa and u only put ur name in the hat if u can afford it,that way u only have to buy one gift.let me know what u think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• sounds like a good idea.....we put all the kids in a hat and let each one draw a name, so we only buy a gift for our child/children to exchange, we do not buy for the adults, except our parents.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I hate when people gripe about Christmas only being for kids. If you don't want to buy gifts for others than don't. Don't gripe about it though
    Anonymous

• If Secret Santa works for your family, go for it. Some do it that way. Ours tried one year, but it didn't work. I just can't not buy my parents and grandparents a gift. My parents just couldn't not buy their own kids a gift, so really for our family it just doesn't work out. No one expects anything costly though. We're all on a budget.
    Anonymous

• im not griping about christmas gifts btw!! im sick of hearing people saying they "have" to buy there family a gift when in reality they dont,i think as an adult its disgusting that we make people feel like they have to buy us gifts..and yes its for the kids,the gifts and santa part.u prob come from a wealthy family and get 100's of gifts each yr,i came from one as well but was never spoiled and never got gifts past the age of 14 so dont b so sore about it it was just a question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009