What's a good soother for a teething baby?

My 5-month old is trying SO hard to push those two bottom front teeth out, and she's so uncomfortable! Tylenol's not doing much of anything, and the teething rings and wet washcloths only help for about 10 minutes. Anything better you can recommend??

kfl529

Asked by kfl529 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Humphreys! You can find them at the pharmacy. It's a homeopathic, little white dissolvable pill. Helps a ton!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If you can't find them under Humphrey's try Teething tablets.
    mamaada

• baby oragel always worked great for my kids.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I use the baby Orajel Nighttime formula. DS doesn't care for the taste or the numbing feeling at first, but once he gets over the "taste" he's handling it so much better. Even when I've put the Orajel on him, I have found that he likes to gnaw on the end of the tube. I find other household things such as a plastic "wooden spoon", babyfood jars, milk jug lids, etc. anything with a texture that won't fit all the way into his mouth.

The teething tablets are homeopathic, but they didn't work for my son, not to mention they taste like chalk.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• baby gherkin dill pickles...my son is six months and pushing out teeth and he loves that he can hold them and chew on them...there is a numbing quality in the dill pickle...and they are just big enough that they cant choke on them.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 1:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• We had good luck with Hylands teething tabs and frozen damp washcloths.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009