is it normal?

Is it normal for me to contract when I have to pee? I never hold my pee, I go as soon as I get the urge because my stomach balls up, gets hard as a rock and its extremely uncomfortable to even walk to the bathroom. Then when I go it's barely a trinkle. Cycle repeats itself within an hour or less. This has been going on for weeks, I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. Just normal end of pregnancy stuff??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah... normal if you have any other concerns ask the doc especially if it gets worse
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I went through that same thing and it started when i was 23 weeks prego last time, I don't know if it was when I had to pee or not but it happened all the time! i freaked out, the doctor told me to drink as much water as possible. I had a water bottle in my hand at all times and drank constantly. Water seems to help you should drink as much as you can just short of putting an iv in..lol hope this helps!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I dont know if its "normal" but it has been normal for me my 3 pregnancies. The longer I "hold it" (sometimes getting right to the bathroom is not possible) the more I have BH's.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i would talk to your doc. i had the same issue earlier on in my pregnancy and they came to find out that my baby was blocking one of the tubes that empties my kidney into my bladder, so i wasnt getting full release whenever i needed to pee and thats why my stomach was hurting so bad every time. they told me they could put a stint in the tube to hold it open but my dr made it abundantly clear that its a very painful procedure so i opted to just be patient and eventually it went away.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 1:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009