first timer with slow cooker, I need some suggestions

I used the slow cooker to make a green bean dish on thanksgiving...it was pretty easy! For dinner tonight I was thinking about making some quesadillas. I would like to use rice and beans and maybe put them in the slow cooker, but i'm not really sure what to do. Do I put both the rice AND beans in the cooker, add enough water to cover everything and let it cook?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Not sure, since I am also a beginner with crockpots, but I just joined this great group called Crock Pot Moms.. you should search for it! If you dont get answers here, they can help you there. And they have hundreds of recipes and weekly menus!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• oh very cool! thanks!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Also you can check out some Slow Cooker cookbooks at your library. I'm going to check out that group too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Are you using dried beans or canned? Send me a message offlist, and I can give you some options.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009