commercial audition

Would you let your DD audition for a commercial if a casting driector approached you while you were at a family activity and said she is just what they are looking for.

We gave her our number and she has called me a few times a day since then to tell is audition details and to " coach" us in the ins and outs. She says my DD has the look she wants an wants all others to see her. And that there are only 2 others that they have coming in.

The audition would be. Tonight after school
My dd is 13 and has never done any acting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• If your daughter is interested, why not give it a go?
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If it is something you dd wants to do and you have checked references and the company is legit. I would accompany her but be alert, us mother have a gut instinct for this things. If something doesn't seem right, get out of there immediately. Also, if the agency-rep asks for any kind of money up front for photo shoot or something like that, ran the other way. If your dd has talent tthey should be paying her not the other way around. Good luck and I know whatever you decide to do will be with your child's best interest at heart.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• As long as it is legit than yes.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I would let her audition, but I would never let her out of my sight.
    We have been asked about our oldest daughter doing commercials but we haven't acted on it. We have talked about it some, though. We may check into it after New Years. This I know is legitimate. It is a local TV station.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2009