changing my mind

i am 26 weeks pregnant, and my relationship with my S/O is failing terribly. i no longer want to carry his child and really never wanted to, but in the beginning it was "ok" at the time to carry the child, but with some mild depression. now i am to the point, i do not want the child. i dont want to continue on with this pregnancy. so i am debating what to do. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why not put it up for adoption instead? There are many familys that would want a baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• well at 26 weeks you dont have much options! I am definitely pro-life but even if I wasnt... my friend had a baby 4 weeks ago at 26 weeks and so far, he has survived so the way I look at it... terminating at 26 weeks would be murder since I know a baby can survive at that stage!!

There isnt much you can do besides make it through the next 14 weeks.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• um 26 weeks is far enough you can't have a regular abortion and would need a partial birth one if you could find a place to do one. I suggest giving it up for adoption or to him if he wants it and signing all your rights away.
    Anonymous

• i am thinking if i find the right place, i can get the abortion done. i have done some mild research online about it, i just need to find the right place to do it.
    Anonymous

• I do not believe in abortion, and especially at 26 weeks, you are 6 1/2 months along!! My opinion is that you need to carry the baby to term, deliver it, and then give it up to adoption to someone who will love and care for it. I don't mean to bash, but that is a BABY inside you, it is not an embryo or a bunch of cells, it is a BABY, and someone out there will give it a good home. Please, deliver the child and then give it up for adoption.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i just dont want to carry the child anymore i cant do it anymore. no one understands.
    Anonymous

• Every one goes through this at some point in their pregnancy, You are being selfish, carry to term than go for adoption. If you werent sure about it in the beginning then why get pregnant? Even if it was a "mistake," it is still a child that needs to be loved n cared for. So please just go through with the pregnancy n put the child up for adoption. You might even change your mind once you see your child.
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 1:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sorry OP but this happens to be a site for moms and most of us don't understand the desire to abort so you may get some rude answers and not many will answer your question. Some do understand but they are probably few and far between. I hope that you figure out what you want to do and that you are at peace with your decision because regret is a terrible thing and in this instance, it's not something you can undo. Good luck
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Ok you are SERIOUSLY researching places to terminate a 26 week old baby?? You are SICK in my opinion! Wanna see some pictures of my friends baby that was born at 26 weeks and didnt even need to be intibated?? He was able to breathe with nothing more than CPAP!! I will be glad to show you EXACTLY what you are choosing to kill!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• op, your bf has hurt you not your baby. Before an abortion, get personal counselling to put things more into perspective of after affects of abortion and also, separately birth. If you called several personal counsellors/therapists they'd probably fit you in very very fast considering your emotional and physical state.

If you abort in your present emotional thinking you might end up soon getting pregnant again, what then? Continuing your pregnancy now with counselling to help you choose to raise or adopt out could help you be more mature. Possibly BirthRight or United Way (UW for your county) could help you find counseling.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009