Does Anyone Here Have a Son in High School Wrestling?

I would like to know if there are any tips or points of concern/caution you may want to share? Either on the Mom side or son side is much appreciated. My son is a freshman and is new to the sport altogether. Thank you for your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My son is a senior this year and this will be his second year wrestling....he really loves it and he made great friends in the process. It is really funny when they all get together and start wrestling. I asked him about what he thought of your question, he wants to know what you mean exactly by concern/caution. In my point of view, anything that our kids get involved with, will involve risks if that is what you are referring to. He said if you are referring to injury he will need to watch out for neck and shoulders injuries and his knees may ache. With practice he will learn to avoid injuring his neck and shoulders and the knees just ice them. He also said there is a move called the cross face and it is pretty painful, one kid lost a tooth..but all in all if he is tough and wants to do it, he will enjoy it. Let me know what in specific you are asking. shmcsgrl@aol.com
    shmcsgrl

Answer by shmcsgrl at 3:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009