How much alcohol do you drink?

I read an article in People highlighting the growing problem of "closet alcohol abuse" among mothers including mothers drinking and driving while the children are in the car. I have to wonder if this really a growning problem and if so, how bad is it? Please feel free to answer anon-
Do you drink while taking care of your children? Do you drink and drive? Do you drink and drive while the kids are in the car? Do you go to your children's social events while intoxicated?

jenniferleah

Asked by jenniferleah at 1:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• Do you drink while taking care of your children? I will have a drink or two every once in a while.
    Do you drink and drive? Never with my son in the car. When I was still working and going out for drinks occasionally w/ coworkers afteer work, I would have one drink or two if I paired it with food before heading home.
    Do you drink and drive while the kids are in the car? NO.
    Do you go to your children's social events while intoxicated? Also no.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• only time I drink is after my son is in bed, but I never exceed two drinks. And I only drink at home. I dont drink that often either!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Do you drink while taking care of your children? Yes but not enough to be drunk- 1 glass of wine before bed or with dinner and if anything happens that they need emergency care, that's what 911 and an ambulance is for anyway as we live 1 hour from a hospital and they would need care on the way there

Do you drink and drive? No absolutely not

Do you drink and drive while the kids are in the car? Never have and never will

Do you go to your children's social events while intoxicated?  Nope I respect them more than that.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I drink 2 weekends out of the month and that is after my child is in bed. We drink with our neighbors whose wife doesnt drink. If for some reason I couldnt drive she would drive.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• None,, Because I am diabetic.

Answer by louise2 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The only time I drink is on the weekend after the kids have gone to bed. Anywhere from from 2-6 shots of Rumple Minze.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I haven't been drunk in over 3 years. The last time was at my wedding and I was more buzzed than drunk. I never drink and drive. My husband will have one drink with dinner sometimes when we go out and then he drives us home, but he never has more than one drink. If he does then I will drive. I rarely drink anymore right now because I was pregnant most of this year and now I'm breastfeeding. So occasionally I'll have a glass of wine right after I feed my daughter, but that's about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I used to drink and drive when I was single and would go to clubs. Now if hubby and I go to dinner with two drinks i'm half wasted since pregnancy. He will drive. I drink at home maybe 1 glass of wine my DD is obviously there. I have never driven while drunk with her.Forgot to mention I drink maybe once every 3 months or so since my lifestyle has changed after becoming a mommy and being married.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• don't really drink, do not remember last time I had a drink. I would never drink and drive (have had friends killed by drunk driver, and friends 5 year old was killed when drunk hit their car head on) and would not allow my children in a car with anyone who has had a drink who is driving.
    Anonymous

• I have a glass of wine a few nights a week, but never more than 2 glasses, and probably not more than 2-3 times a week. Never have drank and drive other than having a margarita with dinner while out with girlfriends, but the margarita is gone soon after the food arrives and I drink water or soda the rest of the time. I've never checked by BAL but I'm sure its well below legal limit, and of course the kids are not in the car with me since I am out with my friends for dinner.
    Anonymous