HCG injection

What is your experience with this? I had a u/s today which said my right ovary was a 15 and my left only a 9 (whatever that means). They want to give me the injection on Monday if I don't get a positive OPK. Has anyone had good luck with this before? I have ovulation problems. Otherwise, everything is normal. I even get fertile type CM, but no positive OPK's. Frustrating.

Thanks for any advice!

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I did the HCG trigger shots, but I was also using fertility meds. If you don't get a positive opk and you get the hcg shot your doctor can give you a very specific timeframe for TTC. GL!
    Anonymous

• When you do it....don't test early. The shot will cause a possible false positive for up to 10 days. The shot itself is no big deal. Though, because hcg is the pregnancy hormone, you might feel some "symptoms" due to the shot, too. Good luck!

I did several of those while undergoing fertility treatments a few years ago.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I forgot to mention that I took Clomid days 3 - 7 as well. Seems really strange that I've been getting egg white CM for the past couple of days (I typically only get the creamy kind), but no indication of ovulation yet. Anyway, hopefully the trigger shot works, and isn't too expensive.

Yes, I have been told not to test for pregnancy too early! :-)
    jen2100

Answer by jen2100 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009