undies while potty training question

when you started potty training (and I am talking more about since day 1 of PT), anyone on here have their LO's wear undies all day and diapers at night? Did this method work for you? I'm sure there were accidents at first lol. I bought my son some undies but it was only a 3 pack. I know I need more.... How many ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when i started potty training, i put my son in big boy underwear all day. if we had to run out, i would put a pullup over the undies.... and night time was pull ups.

just a heads up - you will need a lot more than 3 pair. there will be MANY accidents while training. seriously, i think i bought about 30 pairs. the first day of training and using underwear, i think he had about 10-15 accidents!!

MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 10:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I did this. But I waited until they were 3. The first time they went on the potty I used underwear and that was it from then on. They were all trained in 3 days. Buy around 12 pairs of undies at least. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The first day with my middle DD I went through like 18 pairs, the first day with my oldest like 10 and with my son I think it was some wear around 10 or so also. The last two were not total soak throughs just damp, but with my middle she kept peeing to get a diaper and I wouldnt let her so by day two she went through like 3 pairs. I still used diapers at night, night time training can be difficult.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I did the undies thing also, trained real quick. I did do diapers/pull ups at night until I was confident they would wake up dry more often than wet. Buy at least a dozen and be prepared for wet undies. I think this is the quickest and cheapest way to potty train (IMO).
    Anonymous

• I have 9 pairs....we've gone through all of them. He is now running around naked.
    Anonymous

• I did undies all day, diapers all night (pull-up for nap) from day one. She was young, had no clue about potty training before we started, so we started with about 10 pairs and I ended up having to do laundry in the middle of the day that first day... Day 2 she had 7 accidents, day 3 just one... (and by the end of the week she was telling me reliably that she needed to go potty).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yes uuuuuuh more than 3 pairs is a must I noticed LOL
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009