custody issue

I've been with my husband for three years . he has two kids from a previous relationship. He was given papers about 1 year after their divorce, saying his ex was signing all legal rights that she had to her mother. My husband didnt think this would affect his rights, so he didnt do anything. He now wants to get custody from the grandmother. Does anyone know if there is anything he can do about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• he has to go through the courts. my friend's daughter's mom did the same thing... but she wrote/signed a letter saying that she was giving her daughter to her neighbors. then the dad- my friend- found out and was like well, i want her! (he's always wanted her, but the mom kinda hates him). anyways.. so the mom was like whatever. she wrote and signed a letter stating that the girl needs to go to her father. the father signed it, the neighbors (who have the girl) signed it... but 5 months later, its still in court, always being postponed and the girl is living with the neighbors.. still.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It is a long drawn out process. Because a lot of attorneys will continue a hearing just so that time goes by. It is sad when things like this happen.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• file for custody at the courts
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My hubby's son was given to his grandparents by his mother, hubby went to court and the judge decided she couldn't just "give" her son to anyone. So, my hubby got his son and two years later I adopted him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2009