gerber yogurt blends

I know that the package of the yogurt blends says that your baby should be a sitter in order to have them; however, they are made with cows milk, which a baby under one shouldnt have. would you give your sitter these new products ?

denisekeene

Asked by denisekeene at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, yogurt is okay to give babies under the age of 1. I don't know why yogurt is okay and milk is not, but that's what my ped told me - and my son started on yogurt around 7 months and LOVES it!

Answer by missanc at 2:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i just find it wierd !
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 2:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yogurt is mik that has been digested by bacteria making it more digestable, thogh some people can still get an allergic reaction to it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Read the label -- there is added sugar: http://www.gerber.com/Products/yogurt_blends.aspx#

1 container with 4 servings has 44 grams of sugar. 4 grams = 1 tsp

Do the math.

Plain yogurt with no sugar added is far better and you can add your own fresh fruit.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i gave my son yobaby yougurt before he was young. it's organic if i remember correctly but it does have sugar too =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i tried giving the gerber yogurt juice to my son but he hated it ! i think im gonna look for something not so sweet for him !
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 11:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009