abortion ?

FOr those of you who have had abortions, how did you feel afterwards? Was it the pill or in the in clinic procedure? Did you ever heal? How much emotional pain did you feel? How far along were you?

I think I am about 2-3 weeks and I will not have an abortion after the baby has a heartbeat... So it depends on how far along I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure how you know, if it's just feelings for what, but usually by the time you find out with a HPT, you're already about 4wks pregnant, and the baby has a heart beat after just 28days.

so if you want one, go now.
    Anonymous

• i had one when i was 19. afterwards i had various emotions. this probably was also a result of changing hormones. i had the clinical procedure done and i was about 7 or 8 weeks along. i healed physically very quickly, but i dont know if you ever fully heal emotionally. i am content with my decision, bc i was too young, and if i would have had that baby, then there is no way i would be in the place i am now, with the children i have now. i believe it is the woman's choice; however, i do not agree with having an abortion late in pregnancy. if you are going to do it, then do it immediately. best.
    Anonymous

• I personally have not had one (that's not a choice I'd make for myself) but I know 3 people who have. They all regret it and wish they had their babies. As far as the physical healing, I'm not sure how long it took. But just from my observations, the mental healing takes a long time.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Baby's have heart beats 21 days after conception, so when you are only 5 weeks pregnant. But you cant see it on on u/s til about 7 weeks and cant hear it til closer to 10. So just becuase you cant see or hear the heartbeat, doesnt mean its not beating. Just letting you know that because you said you wouldnt abort after the baby has a heartbeat.

What makes you think you are pregnant? If you are and are only 2 weeks then you would have just conceived like yesterday. Unfortunately, by the time you see a doc who confirms the pregnancy, there will already be a heartbeat. If that is your moral belief to not terminate at that point, I dont think you have any option but to continue with the pregnancy

I am pregnant with my 3rd and am placing him up for adoption at birth. I am very happy with my decision and I know its best for him
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Dr Brian Weiss wrote a great book about spirits and past lives. In one of them he says that when a mom chooses to abort there is an understanding between the mom and the baby that now isn't the right time for the baby to be born so the baby is born at another time. So there is no reason for regret. It's what he wrote. I like it. No guilt. No regrets for moms who choose this. If you don't agree then fight with Dr Weiss not me.
    Anonymous

• You can justify killing a baby as much as you want, you had a choice when you had sex. I would never kill a baby, give it up for adoption. You will be giving someone the greatest ever. No guilt.
    Anonymous

• I consider life to begin at viability. I do not know anyone who has had an abortion who is not 100% positive that it was the right decision.

A Planned Parenthood counselor will help you make the right decision: www.plannedparenthood.org

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• How on earth can you say there is no guilt with putting a baby up for adoption? I never have, but I am sure there are some out there who regret doing that just as much as some women regret having an abortion. I don't think I ofuld do either, but i would never try to tell some one else what to do either. And ,OP, i just get the feeling from your post that you don't really want to have an abortion, so don't. Because you need to be 100% sure. and if you have even one doubt, IMO, I don't think you should do it.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 3:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• jaydin makenna, dont give up your baby. that makes me so sad for you and your other kids. i hope that you reconsider, i just saw someone in your position give up her baby and now she regrets it.
    Anonymous