can someone please tell me why questions about CIO get such heated answers?

I'm not trying to start anything but I don't get why its so controversial.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow do you ladies hear yourselves. so judgemental. i thought cafe mom was a place to come and not be judged. Ha not all of you but for the most part thats all thats done on here. "oh my gosh she uses a leash what terrible mother, oh good grief she lets her baby cry it out call cps. Who the hell told you that your way is the best way. it seems to me alot of you have nothing better to do than sit in front of your computer condemning other moms. Just saying some of you i see alot on here judging others, i mean everytime i log on there they are with some rude thing to say about someone else, my questions is who is raising your kids while your spending all day talking shit about someone else. Grow up ladies get a clue and start paying more attention on your own lives
    Anonymous

• CIO??
    Anonymous

• Crying it out
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I guess because some of the people who don't believe in it sees it as harsh. Then people get on here and are like help my kid wont go to sleep.....etc. So someone says just let them CIO and someone gets all pissed because they think its mean..Thats what Im guessing.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Because a lot of people think their way of parenting is the "correct" or "better" way of parenting. Instead of taking into consideration as to what works better for each parent.
    danielle836

Answer by danielle836 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Same reason spanking vs non spanking is an issue, it is different parenting styles and this brings up anger/controversy. Everyone is an expert and wants to be right.
    Anonymous

• because it's inhumane. we wouldn't treat an adult that way, but somehow it's okay for a pre-verbal child or baby to be treated that way.
    Anonymous

• Because every paerson views their parenting based in their own experinces, culture and backgrounds. It amaizes me that we must study to pass a written and driving test to be able to operate a car. Yet, the most important job in the whole world, been a parent you can do it without taken a single parenting class, reading a single book or even having the slightless clue of what you are doing. It is sad. For some time I have advocated for a minimum requierement of "at least have your s**** together" before you become a parent but it will never flight. Some people will continue poping out kids like if it isn't abig deal.

Good news is that not everybody fits in this category and each family should decide what is best for their own children.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• "because it's inhumane. we wouldn't treat an adult that way, but somehow it's okay for a pre-verbal child or baby to be treated that way."

BEST ANSWER!
    Anonymous

• Because mothers hate listening to children scream. If you are nursing it will cause your milk to "let down." What I am saying is that is causes an emotional and physical reaction. So people are going to react to that. It shouldn't be that shocking.
    Anonymous