Wisdom teeth out yesterday

I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I am supposed to be on a soft diet. I can think of about a million sweet things to eat, like yogurt, applesauce, pudding yada yada yada. But other than mashed potatoes I can't think of anything salty, and I am already sick of those! LOL! Any soft, salty foods you can think of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i am not sure but whatever you do...do not use a straw or if you are a smoke do not smoke....i promise you..you do not want dry socket...i had a wisdom tooth out....and developed a dry socket from smoking....it was the worst pain of my life...i have given birth to two kids without meds...and the dry socket was by far worse than that....i ate mash....drank broth...just be careful...it went from a week healing to almost a month....i thought the pain would never end..even with really strong pain meds they only lasted about 30 to 45 minutes then i would have to wait hours to take more...be careful and take care ok...
    Anonymous

• Yikes! Ok, thanks for the advise! :)
    Anonymous

• cream soups
    scrambled eggs
    refried beans
    spaghetti mashed with a fork
    cooked rice with gravy, mashed with a fork
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oooh I'm sorry, I feel for ya, I just had mine taken out about a month ago. I ate all cold foods the first day or so since they say that helps with the clotting. Then it was all mashed potatoes and mac n cheese from there. I know I like salty stuff vs. sweet, ha ha, wait that didn't sound right lol. Anyway, good luck and happy healing, take care hon. :)
    Anonymous

• Skip the rice, the kernels can get stuck in the hole. For salty, buttered noodles with salt. Cottage cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I ate spaghettios, mashed potatoes, cream soups, broths, soft buttered bread...ugh, that's all I can remember right now.
    Anonymous