How many teeth did your toddler have when you started brushing their teeth?

My 14 month old daughter just go in tooth #5 and #6 is on it's way. Should I start brusing her teeth with the kids toothbrush like this one...
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=692314&productId=692314&navAction=push&navCount=11&no_new_crumb=true

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, the sooner the better! I have been brushing my 15 months old teeth for several months. He only recently got teeth #3 & 4. Get in the habbit and keep those little teeth healthy and clean!! He liked it a first, but know fusses a bit, I think his gums are tender. BTW that is the exact brush that we use!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• why not? I've been brushing my dd's teeth since before she had any lol. with the gum cleaner thingy that goes on your finger. but yeah...you gotta keep those teeth clean!!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• They didn't have any teeth when we started. Once they could sit well (4 months) we gave them a baby tooth brush and let them gnaw on it to get used to the thing being in their mouth. As the teeth broke through, the actual brushing started. At the least, you're supposed to start brushing their teeth when the first one pops through.
    Anonymous

• Since the first one. I have to admit that I don't really remember to do it every night. I am trying to get better so that she can have a good start at keeping her teeth healthy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• been brushing my sons teeth or gums since 3 months.
    krazylilthang6

Answer by krazylilthang6 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009