How long does it take for MSRA treatment to work?

My son had to have his arm lanced last night because he has an MSRA infection. He has a hole the size of a dime in his arm and it has to be stuffed with guaze inside of it. Has anyone else had this happen and how long did it take it to heal? Thanks

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a severe case on one of my legs. It took me at least 2 months to completely heal. One hole in my leg was 4 cm wide and 2 cm deep.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Omg BrandonsMom. Did you have to keep it packed also and did you do this yourself or did you have a doctor do it? How long was you on the medication for it ?Thanks.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My son had a MRSA infection in a not so great location. He was hositalized for a week during that but all together I think about 2-3 wks.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Was the would cultured and positive for MRSA? As far as wound healing goes, depending on the size it can take a week or more. It has to heal from the inside out. MRSA infections usually require a strong antibiotic regime of vancomycin. That's why I am asking if you know for sure it was MRSA and not a general staph infection.
    Anonymous

• They did not do a culture on it. I took him to the hopsital and the doctor that treated him told us that was what he has. I also took him to his regular doctor today and he also stated this what he thought it is. His doctor told me that it is going around pretty bad right now and with basketball it is worse because of the direct contact with the others. But no, neither doctor done a culture on it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Lord, we fight MRSA and other forms of staph like crazy. My brother got it playing football, gave it to my sister, who gave it to me. Since then my husband and son have been hospitilzed for it and I've had it numerouse times. Its in our blood stream now. It eventually gets to a point where nothing, not vancomycen or clyndimycen or anything works. We've all had it over a period of 3 years. It goes away for a few months, sometimes up to 6 or more moths, then comes back.

Once you have it, its easy to get again. Make sure to have him on vitamins and it seems to help you fight it off. Also Staph starts in your nose. If no one perscribed you Bactoban you can ask for it to be perscribed, and put just a dab of it up everyone in the houses nose. I swear it works wonders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2009