Israel Settlements, Legal or Not?

Please read the article at this link before responding-
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/the-illegal-settlements-myth-15295?page=1

Based on the information presented here in, are the Israeli settlements legal or not? If not please give specific details as to why not, and specific counter arguments to the information contained within this article (counter arguments can contain info from without but must adress information brought up from this article).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• you want people to comment on a bias article . reading the about us makes it painfully obvious where they come from.

"Commentary is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life. Since its inception in 1945, and increasingly after it emerged as the flagship of neoconservatism in the 1970’s, the magazine has been consistently engaged with several large, interrelated questions: the fate of democracy and of democratic ideas in a world threatened by totalitarian ideologies; the state of American and Western security; the future of the Jews, Judaism, and Jewish culture in Israel, the United States, and around the world; and the preservation of high culture in an age of political correctness and the collapse of critical standards."
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• so my comment is NO comment.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Aasiyah-

I find it unfortunate that you would not be willing to point out the oh so obviouse flaws this article must contain, seeing as it is highly biased. While it is highly important to understand where an article is coming from (and answer appropriatly) that doesn't mean that all the information contained within is null and void. I would think that realising that such an article might (or most defintaly) contain bias instead of fact would give the opposing side a chance to set the minds of the unbiased straight.

Unfortunatly the information in above article is highly probable, until proven otherwise. As is any article or news piece whether from Al Jeezera, BBC, CNN, Fox , what ever their bias is. Which is why I asked the question and why I asked that responses respond to the information contained in the cited article.

Much love,
    The OP
    Anonymous

• honestly OP, i'm not into debating those issues.... I much rather read other things... besides everytime a muslim tries to explain anything on the site we get called terrorists and anti american and anti isreal and everything gets twisted plus...the article is too long and just reading the first paragraph hurt my head. plus i don't like (or im not into breaking down things point for point).

but i do understand your point.

and the other point is that this has been discussed... with no resolution for over 60 years and even here on cafemom many times.

im just not a debater......sucks!!!!

some posts i just really stay away from.. i answered in this because i wanted to just point out the about us for those who do love to debate!!!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Aasiyah,
    Well I appreciate you taking the time to post that. I don't mind at all. And I know that this subject gets discussed regularly. My only hope is that with open dialog and debate (and dscussing these biased articles) is that truth, understanding, and peace can be obtained for the families that live over there. On both sides.The more we say 'Oh we've talked about that...so done with it' the less chance we have with both sides coming to an understanding and real sustainable peace being swept under the rug.

And I really hate the personal attacks. Unfortuantly they come from all sides. Promoting a seemingly Israeli standpoint will get you balsted as 'A Zionist pig' a 'Baby Killer', 'Un American (that one really goes on both sides, proving the point that voicing ANY opinion is blasted as anti-American' etc. and of course the opposing view has equally horrific, misguided and ignorant personal attacks blasted at them.
    OP
    Anonymous

• There is absolutely no way possible of voicing any opinion on this with out seeming like a person is taking sides. I have read extensively on both sides view. I must say that the Muslim side makes it sound horrible.... Then the Israeli side says the opposite. I guess I can NOT give a opinion without looking like I am taking sides, which I can not do. I am of neither decent and yet I feel for both. Now I think both sides also feed into making themselves look like the bad guys...( ie Ahmadinejad saying the Holocaust didn't happen). It just seems like neither side is looking to stop and let each other live.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I did NOT read the article - but based on an excellent book I found called Whose Land, Whose Promise?, and also well thought out anti-zionist Jews, I have to say these settlements are illegal. More and more people are waking up to this.

shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 8:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Go away Jew haters.

I have zero sympathy for you if you hate Jews.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It is unethical whether there is some legality to it or not. They are kicking people out of their homes. They are starving people.

What the Zionist are doing to the Palestinians is the same as what we did to the Native Americans.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 9:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It's their land, they have every right to develop it as they see fit. The Palestinians have proven, time and again, that they have absolutely no desire to live in peace with the Israelis.  Electing a terrorist government is evidence of that.  So, let them disperse to more muslim friendly countries. They are only interested in forcing their beliefs and way of life on people, through any means. They're so consumed with hatred that there will never be peace in that land. Why on earth they'd even want to stay there is mind boggling.  It was never their land to begin with.  Israel allowed them to live there, but since they've proven they don't want to live in harmony, they need to move on.

Anonymous