Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH's TMI---repost

Ok, the other night around 2am he woke up groaning in pain. After an hour of pestering him, I finally got it out of him that his butthole was burning, he said just inside. Any ideas? He has a terrible problem out of the blue with really REALLY bad gas and gut rot. He's constantly complaining about a stomach ache, but this burning sensation he says only happens once a month or every other month.

I'm not even sure what kind of specialist he would need to see. We don't have health ins, so it may or may not be necessary to get a referral. But I was wondering what we could be facing?

*only going anon for DHs sake... MIL is on the site.*

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (9)
  • He could have a serious ulcer.

    He needs to eat lots of yogurt, the kind that has LOTS of probiotics in it. Yogurt cures every gut problem if eaten regularly. If he doesn't like yogurt, then you can buy probiotic pills at healthfood stores, & even some regular grocery stores have it.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 3:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Omg...sounds terrible. Has there been any blood in his stools? I would say go to the doctor. No way in hell would I sit around in that kind of agony. Poor guy.

    Answer by SterlingLegend at 3:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Ok, so we've ruled out hemorrhoids by use of tucks and a clinical strength hydrocortisone cream... forgot to add...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • and he only notices it in the middle of the night.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2009


    I would say call the hospital and speak with a nurse or doctor regerding the situation. Or look up a Gastroenterologists or Colorectal specialist in the phonebook and ask if they have any ideas or maybe set up payment plans. Hope I could be of some help. Good luck.

    Answer by Mom2Dano at 3:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Do a symptom checker on webmd, that should give you a good idea of what you are dealing with and if any home treatment can be done or if he will be forced to go into the doctor

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • You should probably try to see either a proctologist or a colorectal specialist. Hop he gets some help.

    Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Tell him to stop being stubborn and go see a doctor! Since it occurs often, it could be something serious or maybe it's minor but it still needs to be treated.

    Answer by BaisMom at 3:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Go to a family clinic and see what they say and go from there.

    Does he eat spicy foods often or Is he lactose intalerant? start from there then go to the doctor. If not put him some Prep-H for now until the burning stops. Hope he feels better. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.