What do you moms recomend for congestion?

My 8 week old son is really congested & had a stuffy nose. I metioned it to the doctor at his last visit & was told he's not sick (thankfully) & just to use saline drops & the bulb to get the mucus out which I am doing but it doesnt seem to be getting any better - any helpful hints or tips would be great:)

Ellie15

Asked by Ellie15 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• If you're breastfeeding, breastmilk in the nose is an instant decongestant. If you're not breastfeeding, a humidifier in the room will help along with what you're already doing. You can't give him any meds.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Take him in the bathroom & fill it up w/ steam, purcuss his back (pound on it lightly all over). This helps break up any kind of chest congestion & will clear his sinus too. I usually breastfeed or take a long bath w/ my little one. Bulb suction after. If it doesn't seem to be getting any better look @ reducing the allergens/dust in your home. My little one gets stuffier if I haven't dusted in a bit. No meds are needed.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• a humidifier works great for that , my son had the same problem n his doctor told me to use the bulb and try the humidifier and it works, hes breathing a lot better
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2009