Please help!!

ive been trying to transition DD over to a sippy cup..which she has NO problem using one, she can drink out of it just fine, just as she would a bottle..now I breastfeed so she doesnt get a bottle THAT often..but she has been the BIGGEST GROUCH like she keeps throwing these huge fits over this sippy cup thing..she was fine mood wise before but if I try to give her a sippy cup she has an absolute meltdown throws it and gets into this awful mood, in the morning she has no problem drinking out of it but in the afternoon around 1pm is when she gets real pissed off with it..I dont understand why shes having such a fit with it..what am I doing wrong? shes 12 months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Answered over in the other section...try just leavoing the cup and NOT pushing it. If she wants it, great. If not, also great...she's still nursing so not missing anything.

Likely she doesn't want it because YOU are offering it when she knows you have the fresh stuff right there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• ya unfortunately im the only one who can give it to her, im a single mom ..I wish I had someone else to offer it to her
    Anonymous

• Give her the sippy with water with meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Don't push the cup. She'll take it eventually.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2009