Premature labor?

I am 24weeks, 3days with baby number two. All day baby has been kicking/moving really low. I feel kicks on my bladder and cervix that hurt. Is that normal? Also, about a half hour ago while taking out the trash I felt a small gush or leak of discharge. When I went to check the consistency it was watery and had no odor. Could that be my water? I havn't noticed any contractions since.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if u felt a gush of water i would call ur doc, but generally when u go into preterm labor you wont feel the baby move that much.... and you will feel acking craps along ur legs and back

• All the kicking sounds really normal. I remember at 25 weeks with my second thinking she loved tap-dancing on my cervix. If you aren't leaking when you lay down or continuing to have gushes, I highly doubt it was your water breaking.

Answer by reflect1light at 4:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• A leak of watery discharge and increased pressure/discomfort low down needs to be checked out by your doctor. These were my exact symptoms at 29 weeks when my preterm labor started. Better safe than sorry!

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i agree with maggiemom. i think most likely you are having braxton hicks which are normal at that stage, but i'd ask my midwife/doctor about it just to be sure. i can't hurt at this point to just make sure all is well.

• Well I know I'm not having BH contarctions right now because I know what those feel like. I get them often. I'm not having any pain other than the kicks to the cervix whic feel more like a sharp, shooting pain that last for a second or two.

• 24 and 1day

My belly. Looking low already?

• no i don't think it looks particularly low. looks normal =)

• I would definitely contact my doctor just to make sure everything is ok with the baby and yourself, rather be safe than sorry

Answer by toybar02 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009