how do i get my 2 year old to eat!!

i have tried everything under the sun, i have done what the doctor has said to do and he still only eats when he wants, he sits at the table with us, i don't give him a drink, i put different foods on his plate in small ammounts and still doesn't want to eat... he likes pizza chicken tenders pb &j and not much more other than his crackers peanuts nd cheese... he will eat corn on the cobb, i have bought the v8 splash to get him his veggie servings but i don't know what else to do. he doesn't talk much i guess the norm for a 2 year old his b-day was in october can anyone help??

JTSWIFEY

Asked by JTSWIFEY at 3:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My two year old is the same exact way. But she doesn't even eat corn on the cob. And she doesn't talk much either...I have early intervention involved trying to get her to talk more. I've tried everything as well....I don't know what to do either...I guess you just gotta try and get them to eat what they will eat, and keep giving him the V8 and maybe some other things like vitamins and things like that to make sure he's getting everything he needs....Its like we just have to wait it out and hope that this is just a phase....my daughter has been like this since she began eating table foods. Good luck
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my 2 yr old is doing the same thing
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I will share what I use to do that worked like a charm. I would process everything and make it a puree, and fed them while I was telling them a story, (anything hat interest him) mine use to be gory scary stories that mesmerized them enough to open their mouth long enough for me to put the spoon in, and after they finished I would stop the story and they always wanted an ending!

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Are you worried hes not eating healthy? We sneak veggies in my kids foods and they eat them. My two yr old is the same way just keep feeding him and encouraging him to try new things. My two yr old is picky too. I wouldn't worry if I was you as long as he is eating and drinking hes fine try giving him a multi vitamin in his food that will give him the extra he needs.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• 2 year olds are notoriously bad eaters! This sound completely normal! Just continue to offer a variety of nutritious foods for him several times a day (3 meals and 2 snacks). After that your job is over. He will eat what he eats, and won't eat the rest. He will get what he needs and won't starve.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• This is normal. There is nothing you can do. He won't starve. It will get better as he gets older. I used to wonder how my son was still alive with how little he ate. But he is thriving and at 14, finally eats!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Does he like yogurt? It's a good source of fat and calories. My 17 month old is EXTREMELY picky!! I buy the Yo-Baby 3 in 1 Meals (yogurt, fruit puree, veggie puree). It sounds weird, but it's actually pretty good. They cost $1 each at Walmart, but you can find coupons online.

Also try full-fat cheese, peanut butter on whole wheat toast/bagels/crackers, and fruit smoothies (sneak in some veggie puree!!)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• put ketchup on his main food. my son would not eat anything until i did this. worth a try
    krazylilthang6

Answer by krazylilthang6 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009