Anyone have problems/have had problems with hypothyroidism?

I just got back some test results that showed I have a mildly underactive thyroid which can cause depression (I have), weight gain (yep), and an array of other things. I was just wondering if any of you ladies are familiar with hypothyroidism.

dani2780

Asked by dani2780 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• Yep I have hypothyrodism have had for 13 yrs now I just got my results back last week from my yearly checkup and it's at 6.99 which isn't good . Yep weight gain and depression are part of it. If you need anything let me know I will be happy to talk to you.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yep, I have Hashimoto's disease. It's an autoimmune disease that causes hypothyroidism. Brittle nails, hair on your head loss, hair on your face growth (totally makes sense lol), sensitivity to cold, difficulty losing weight, fertility problems. I don't have too many symptoms thanks to my meds.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 6:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009