Why do so many people think Christmas is JUST for the kids?

I have seen numerous posts on here this past month or so where people are saying Christmas is only for the kids, people shouldn't buy gifts for the adults or anything like that. Why is it the opinion that Christmas is just for kids? Christmas is for everyone. It's the celebration of Jesus's birth!!! I don't care if I don't get gifts but I love buying for other people.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Same here op, my favorite time of the year, it is the time to give and not only gifts but of yourself!

Answer by older at 4:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Maybe those people cant afford to get presents for everyone so they make an agreement to get it just for the kids.
    Anonymous

How it is with us.
    Anonymous

• I agree but mostly kids get a kick out of Christmas more than adults.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm with anon 4:14
    Anonymous

• I have not heard that. We all enjoy Christmas. Its traditionally a holiday when everyone exchanges gifts, They don't have to be expensive. Its a family time when we get together and eat and give presents.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm not just saying the presents. I'm saying i've seen people posting "Christmas is just for the kids". I don't get that. I LOVE Christmas, even without the presents. I love the lights, the decorations, the good feelings and holiday "cheer". I was just confused why people seem to think its just for kids.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• We don't buy any presents for the adults in my family and they all use the same excuse. We have enough money (especially since it right before tax season and bonus time) and I love buying gifts too-for me it is not about getting, I just love shopping! :) and giving! I think adults say that because they don't want to spend the money on everyone. Kind of selfish huh? This has happened in my family 2 years in a row- I want to say something but it seems everyone likes this concept. It's not really that big of a deal, but it takes just a tiny bit of fun out of it for me.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• That irritates me too, I wouldnt throw a fit if I didnt get gifts or anything, but my family enjoys buying for everyone, adults included.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I love all the festivities of Christmas so call me a kid. I like buying gifts for everyone including adults, I do know a lot who think its just for kids.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009