Super Active Baby?

I am 20 weeks pregnant and my little girl is moving like crazy. It seems as if she rarely sleeps. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the ultrasound tech had trouble taking measurments because she was moving so much.

My question is: Has anyone had a super active baby in the belly and noticed they were much more active then normal newborns? What do the personalities of active babies tend to be?

I am just wondering if I am going to have my hands full when the little one arrives :)

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 4:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you drink Juice before you went to the appointment. I had juice before my ultra sound and it was hard for the technician too. It might be things that your eating.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• No, I just drank a couple bottles of water. But I notice the baby moving almost non-stop all day :)
    lkuhn

Answer by lkuhn at 4:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My first was very calm when I was pregnant, hardly ever felt him, he is a very calm child. He is now 3 years old. My second, was very active when I was pregnant and he is nonstop. He is now 2 years old. He still not not sleep through the night, I think the worries about missing things. My third also very active while pregnant. She is only 4 months old now but she sleeps better than my second did (she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks) but is very active and alert when she is awake (more than my first was).
    Anonymous

• Oh and about what I eat, I eat mostly whole foods, fruits and veggies. I eat pretty healthy, I can't imagine what I am eating would make her hyper.
    lkuhn

Answer by lkuhn at 4:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my 2nd and 3rd were like that.

they haven't stopped since they were born either. lol they were super active babies.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My 1st was very calm in my belly. He would move but it wasnt constant & hardly anybody else felt him move becuase as soon as you would put your hand on my belly, he would stop. He is now 5 years old & is a TOTALLY calm child. He loves to sit & do quiet things like watch movies & color. Yes, he is all boy and does play outside & likes sports but he doesnt mind being mellow at all.

My 2nd moved constantly & if she wasnt moving & you put your hand on my belly, she would start moving. She is now 2 1/2 & is just short of CRAZY! She goes NON STOP all day! She has slept through the night from an early age so that isnt a problem but she is just crazy all day long! On weekends I have to get out of the house with her becuase she cant handle being cooped up inside!!

After my 2nd turned out just like she was in the womb, I am now convinced that their movement during pregnancy is a good indicater of their future personality
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My first was pretty laid back and he's a maniac 5 year old now.....this one, a girl, it a maniac in my belly, so hopefully she'll be the calm laid back baby once here sometime this month.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• lol my girl was like that inside..... after she was born she sleeps alot. newborn.....slept 4 hours, 1 month 6 hours and now 2 months sleeps 8+ hours!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I think it just depends on the child. my baby kicked all the time in my belly! very active all the time. he's only 3 mths old right now and he sleeps good but he is very curious and active. when he's laying on his back his legs are kickin like crazy lol
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009