Mommy pouch

does it ever go away? Ive been doing sit ups we'll see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• sorry to tell ya...but no it never really ever goes completely away, I 'm sure the sit ups will help some....but don't be expecting a flat tummy!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 4:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It really depends on the person and how well your body responds to different things, a lot of my friends lost their pouch after and after I had my son my stomach went back to normal, situps are not gonna get it , you have to do crunches and theres a move that targets that part of your stomach, they have fitness dvds, you can try hiphop abs , it really works or taebo whichever you prefer
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I still have my pooch but it's doesn't look that bad after having my son now it seems to be flater.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• sit ups do nothing for your abs, they are for the "hip flexor" muscles (so says my drill instructor). crunches are for abs. crunches target the upper abs though, the pooch is lower abs. doing reverse crunches can help but only the muscle, not the loose skin. a reverse crunch is when you put your legs at a 90 degree angle and kinda roll your hips towards your ribs and lift your tush off the floor (like a crunch but the other end LOL).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• After having a baby you might want to start out with some yoga moves before going straight into crunches.
    Get on all 4's and with your back straight try and suck in your tummy so that your belly button is moving closer to your spine.
    Another great option is when walking try to pull your belly button in towards your spine. Using your core muscles and not just your abs is important for getting rid of the pouch.
    If you end up with loose skin, excess fat/cellulite do what I do and wrap it. Mine looks a lot better and I have had 3 kids and I showed by 3 months with each one.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• yes it can go away. I have 3 kids and I was up to 195lbs so from experience I can say that. I started of not going on a diet, but watching my diet. Eat healthier, more fruits and vegtables and plenty of protein. I then started doing cardio about 3 days a week, and then I moved it to 5x a week. I have now incorportated weight training into my regimine. A good lower ab workout is flutter kicks. Lay on your back put the top of your hands under your butt for support and flutter kick your legs. these ARE hard but they work. Do as many as you can to failure everyday. If you have any other questions PM me, I'll be glad to help!
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 4:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009