i am loooking for help for christmas and am not sure where i can go. I called a few churches around north kingstown not a good reply

Mochamammablend

Asked by Mochamammablend at 4:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• Dial 211 on your phone. It's a nationwide infoline that will hook you up to social services in your community. Anything you need, from money to pay the electric bill to holiday assistance for your family...they'll steer you to the right place.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I know many places for help such as Salvation Army and their Adopt a Family programs have already passed the deadline. BUT, there are a few groups here on Cafemom designed for adopting kids for Christmas. I know one's cut off date for asking to be adopted is already gone, but you may be able to join another and hope someone adopts your kids.

I adopted a family with three girls from one group this Holiday Season.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009