Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i searching for the wrong thing? help im trying to find income based apartments/houses

i found the number for housing authority but they couldnt give me a list for local income based apartments thats not through housing. they just sending out app and may take up to 8 months to get help, i need something sooner. i tried searching section 8 apt plus city and state and only came up with these apartment finders for nation wide search....there has to be an easier way to find this stuff. the town im looking in is about an hour away so dont have access to a phone book..any ideas on how to search or what to search for?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You can also check out the HUD website-

    Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Look under HUD (Dept of Housing and Urban Development) in your phone book. In our town the Section 8 office and the other housing depts are all in the same office so you can call any of the numbers and still get the information you need or tell them to give you numbers to call.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • thank you that helped sooo much =)

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2009