Have you ever been to a mommy and me group with an infant?

Kaiser, my insurance/hospital has a mommy and me group for women with babies 0-6mos
I am a bit skeptical of what it could possibly offer...it says its to meet other moms, get advice and suggestions, there will be a nurse practioner there to answer questions.
Which I think is all great but I still dont know since I wouldnt know anyone else and Im afraid that Ill go and be stuck with like 1 other person.

so if you have been to one of these was it a good turn out?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 4:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say go for it as well. I mean the the first few months there are so many questions and the isolation of caring for a newborn and be wearing on even the most experienced mother. Worst case serinio you have a terrible time and never go back, best case you get all your questions answered from a professional and meet so awesome women and maybe develop some great friendships.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• go for it.

I started going to one at a local church when my oldest was a few months old.....I don't attend anymore because we moved to the other end of the city but we're still friends as are our children (I've got 3 now)

get out and meet some moms - they'll all have kids the same age, probably have the same fears and worries you do.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I do Parents as Teacher which has playgroup for Parents with children 0-3. When my girls were little I would go just to meet other moms. I found it was really great to be able to meet other moms since I was staying at home at the time and you really don't have may other places in my town to meet other new parents. I really liked it. I would say give it a shot once or twice and see what you think. It isn't like you have to go back if you really don't like it.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 5:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009