Did anyone actually use the slings for infants?

I want to get one it looks super handy, but I dont know anyone who has used one before so I dont know if its even worth it???

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 4:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• A friend of my made one with a double O ring and a swatch of cloth. She wears her daughter all the time, and it's been great for them. I got a moby wrap for a shower gift, and I absolutely love it. I work from home one week a month and I essentially wear my baby throughout the day. He loves it since he stays close to me, and it's soft, stretchy, and secure. I must admit it did take some getting used to with the folding, but once I got it down, I've loved it ever since.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yep they wouldn't have had it any other way! nor would i... it made life soooo much easier!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I had a wrap for #3......I wish I had it for the first two.

didn't like the sling - did have a mesh one for at the pool that was nice though.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yes it is worth it and amazing! I loved mine! I have an older maya wrap pouch style, very similar to the hotslings now. Moby's are good too, though I don't have one of those. Most babies love them, mine would fall asleep almost instantly after being put in his. Much easier to shop w/ him in that than a big heavy carrier that he'd wake up in anyway and then want out of.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 4:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I didn't care for the sling, to be honest... But I got a wrap, and I LOVED that one! With the sling, it just looked like he was getting lost in it, and he hated being in it. The wrap, I'd put it on (super comfy, too), and he'd go straight to sleep. Plus, when he got bigger, I could wrap it differently and he could be in an upright position. LOVED it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I found a mom here on CafeMom that makes them. She calls them the Kylie Wrap. I bought one off her website. She made it and I got it shipped to me within a few weeks. It's beautiful and super great quality.

With my first I had a baby Bjorn and hated it and it was $99!  Slings are much better and the Kylie Wrap adapts for any size/age baby.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yes. I had a hotsling and it was the best money I have ever spent on my babies.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Loved mine and I made all of them (had a total of about 7). Both kids loved them. I also had a wrap for longer carries with the kids and the sling was great and I still occasionally put my 2 year old in it when she is cranky and tired and we are out and about.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Either a sling, wrap, or CERTAIN carriers are soooo worth it =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I used mine with 3 children. They are great for nursing, keeping baby close so they get that cuddle time and you have your hands somewhat free. I have twins, so one was usually in the sling and that gave me a hand free for the other twin or big sister. So yes it is worth it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009